By Paul Suggett, About.com Guide
There are numerous jobs in the advertising industry and they all work together to make a great ad campaign. Not exactly sure where you want to begin your advertising career or what your ultimate goal in the industry is? Career Profiles show you salary information, skills needed, education required, a typical day in the job and even common misconceptions about the position.
Pictures tell. Words sell. A copywriter often stands between an ad campaign's success or failure. But a copywriter's talent takes time to develop. No matter what your experience level, all copywriters should continually strive to enhance their writing craft. Add these tools to your arsenal and write powerful copy every time.
- Ad Agency Copywriters Vs. Freelance Copywriters
- Five Ways to Jumpstart Your Copywriting Career Today
- Five Materials Every Copywriter Should Know How to Write
- Copywriting Clinic
- Instant Writing Samples
- Creating a Copywriting Notebook
- Making Your Advertising Personal
- Top Five Books for Copywriters
- Review: The Copywriter's Handbook
- Your Call to Action
- Capitalizing on Creative
As a freelance copywriter or graphic designer, you are your own boss. Landing assignments and working with clients is rewarding but there's a lot of hard work to becoming a successful freelancer. Whether you're just getting started as a freelancer or you're a freelancer who needs help running your business, these tools will show you how to manage yourself and your clients in a professional manner that leads to a long, profitable and thriving freelancing career.
- Seven Ways to Start Your Freelance Copywriting Career Off Right
- Freelance Copywriter Career Profile
- Getting Your Freelance Start
- $100 - Your Ticket to a Freelance Copywriting Career
- Creating a Plan of Action
- 10 Tips to a Perfect Portfolio
- Setting Your Freelance Rates
- Approaching Agencies as a Freelancer
- Getting Paid for Freelance Jobs
- Selling Yourself to Get Clients
- 10 Steps to a Freelance Contract That Protects You
- How To Create a Freelancing Contract
- What To Do When You Don't Get Paid for a Freelance Job
Looking for your next job at an ad agency? Just wanting to check out agencies with Web sites? Explore this comprehensive database of advertising agencies. From Alabama to Shanghai, agencies from around the world are represented.
Advertising is a fast-paced industry. What's hot today is old news tomorrow. These trends showcase the biggest advertising buzz that's happening right now in the industry.
- Companies Ditch Celebrity Endorsements
- Celebrity Endorsement Deals Gone Astray
- Companies Distance Themselves from Michael Vick
Take an in-depth look at some of the noteworthy commercials hitting the airwaves. Find out more about the ad campaign, the agency responsible, pros and cons of the commercials and even a bit of trivia behind the ads that you can use around the water cooler to impress your co-workers.
- Alltel My Circle
- DirecTV Featuring Celebrities
- eBay Shop Victoriously
- Geico Featuring Celebrities
- Nikon CoolPix with Kate Moss